Dr. Becker has the goal of establishing a long-term relationship with you as his patient, treating you like family, and helping you maintain good oral health for a lifetime. His focus is on preventive care for the entire family, which will save you time and money in the long term.
Dr. Becker’s Approach to Preventive Dentistry
During each visit, Dr. Becker and his team are attentive to your oral health. They demonstrate it in several ways, including:
- Your first appointment with us includes a comprehensive 1 ½-hour oral examination. The appointment focuses on assessing your oral health and determining the best ways to protect it.
- When restorative dental work is necessary, Dr. Becker’s preference is to help you preserve your natural teeth.
- He will explain your treatment options, including the most conservative option that will cause the least disruption to your tooth structure.
- Dr. Becker and his team regularly participate in continuing education to learn about advances in dental tools and techniques that will contribute to your oral health.
- Patient education is a priority in our office. We share what we learn with you, including:
- Helping you understand the close relationship between your oral health and your overall well-being, including conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, respiratory infections, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Explaining and demonstrating the best practices for practicing good oral hygiene at home
- Discussing advances in dentistry that directly relate to your case and can improve your oral health
Benefits of Preventive Care
Preventive dental care is a protection. It assists with prevention or early detection of a variety of issues that affect your oral and overall health, including:
- Bruxism (teeth grinding)
- Gum disease
- Malocclusion (improper bite)
- Oral cancer
- Tooth decay
- Underactive salivary glands
- Worn or damaged teeth
Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatment
In some cases, we can now treat periodontitis without surgery using a simple method you can do at home, called Perio Protect.
For others, it will be done alongside more traditional treatments, such as root scaling and planing, and the more severe cases may still require surgery. No matter what treatment plan is determined, using Perio Protect provides you a greater chance of success.
The process is simple. Dr. Becker will design custom-fitted trays to your bite that will be snug, secure, and comfortable.
Once that is ready, he’ll show you how to apply the prescription-strength medication to the tray. Wear it for the amount of time Dr. Becker prescribes for your case each day and you’ll be on your way to healthier gums.
Advantages to Perio Protect
- You can do your treatment at home, saving you time at the dentist
- It whitens your teeth while you heal your gums
- Freshens your breath by killing bacteria
Dr. Becker focuses on creating smiles that are both healthy and beautiful. He has received advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, orthodontics, and occlusion and bite. He participates in 60 hours of continuing education each year—almost four times the amount required by the state of Illinois. We invite your entire family to benefit from preventive dental care of the highest quality.
Call us to schedule an appointment, or complete our Request an Appointment form.