Invisalign® beautifully aligns your teeth in half the time of traditional braces without brackets, wire, or any metal at all. In Hoffman Estates, Dr. Becker is a preferred provider of Invisalign invisible braces. From a conversational distance, people won’t know you’re wearing them.
What Is Invisalign?
A series of customized, clear aligners are made to gradually move your teeth to the correct position. The durable aligners are made of medical-grade plastic. They correct a variety of issues with teeth, including:
- Open bite
The Invisalign Process
- Dr. Becker will examine your teeth, take x-rays and photographs, and take impressions of them.
- He will use the information to make a detailed treatment plan for moving your teeth to the correct position.
- He will show you a digital model of how your teeth will move during treatment.
- The information Dr. Becker gathers will be sent to the Invisalign laboratory to produce a series of clear aligners, uniquely made for you.
- When the aligners are ready, Dr. Becker will place the first set on your teeth and check them for proper fit.
- You will wear the aligners for two weeks, after which you will switch to the next set aligners.
- Every two weeks, you will put a new set of aligners on your teeth until you’ve worn them all.
- Every six to eight weeks, you will return to our office for Dr. Becker to check the progress of your treatment and make any needed adjustments.
What to Expect
Invisalign is much more comfortable than traditional braces. When you first put on a new set of aligners they will seem that they don’t fit, but that’s because they are molded in the next position to which your teeth will move. After a few days, they will feel more comfortable, but you still need to wear them for the entire two weeks as your teeth adjust to the new position. After you have worn all of the aligners, you will have a beautifully aligned smile.
How Invisalign Compares with Traditional Braces
- The aligners are much more comfortable than traditional braces.
- The movement of your teeth is more precise than with traditional braces.
- They require fewer checkup visits.
- You can maintain better oral hygiene because you remove them to eat and to brush and floss your teeth. And you can eat whatever you want.
- Treatment time is about half that of traditional braces. The average treatment time is one year.
- They are clear, so from a conversational distance, people can’t tell you’re wearing them.
- You can take them off, but you must be diligent about wearing them for the specified amount of time each day. Otherwise, your treatment time can be extended, and you could even weaken your teeth by causing repeated back-and-forth movements.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
If you are interested in transforming your smile with Invisalign, contact us to request an appointment for an exam. If you want to ask Dr. Becker a few questions first to learn more about this treatment, request a complimentary consultation.