69% of Americans between the ages of 35 and 44 have at least one missing tooth. As the age range increases, so does the number of missing teeth. In Hoffman Estates, Dr. Becker provides dental implants—the healthiest, most aesthetic way to replace missing teeth and rejuvenate your smile.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots, usually made of titanium. A root form is surgically placed in your jawbone. During the healing period, or osseointegration, the implant and your jawbone fuse. Dr. Becker will attach a natural-looking dental crown to the implant, and no one will be able to distinguish it from your natural tooth.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Stability – They are surgically implanted in your jawbone for maximum support.
- Function – Implant fixtures bond with the jawbone for optimum function.
- Aesthetics – Lifelike dental crowns are attached to the implants, look like your own natural teeth, and help you smile with confidence.
- Healthy – The artificial tooth roots stimulate bone and prevent shrinkage.
What to Expect During the Process
- Dental implants are more expensive than other forms of tooth replacement, because the cost is per implant.
- Before the dental crown is secured to the root form, there is a two- to six-month waiting period for your jawbone to heal. You can wear a temporary crown while you wait.
- After the implant and your jawbone fuse, Dr. Becker will secure a permanent crown to the implant. It will match the characteristics, color, and translucence of your natural teeth.
Dental Implants that Last
High-quality dental implants can last a life time. Dr. Becker works closely with a periodontist, a specialist in implant surgery, to ensure the fixtures are properly placed and restored. Several precautions are taken, including:
- Your medical and dental histories are reviewed to ensure you’re a candidate for this treatment.
- Three-dimensional CT scans are taken to ensure you have enough jawbone density to support implants and to reveal your nerves, sinuses, and other anatomy for safe, accurate placement.
- High-quality implant fixtures are used to help avoid infection and achieve optimum function and stability.
- Dr. Becker uses his artistic talent to provide durable lifelike crowns for the implants. People won’t be able to distinguish the implants from your natural teeth.
- Extra care will be taken to check the crowns for proper fit and bite.
These high standards are closely followed to avoid nerve impairment, pain, and infection that can result in dental implant failure.
If you’re interested in a long-lasting solution for replacing missing teeth, call us to schedule an appointment, or request an appointment online.