Beautifully restore and rejuvenate your smile with porcelain veneers. Chipped, worn, discolored, or misaligned teeth can be transformed for a natural-looking smile makeover. In Hoffman Estates, Dr. William Becker is a cosmetic dentist with more than 30 years of experience in designing smiles that complement your personality and facial features.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Thin layers of porcelain are crafted and sculpted to mimic the characteristics of natural teeth and ensure a precise fit. They are bonded to the front of your teeth.
Designing Your Smile
Dr. Becker will examine your teeth and gums, conduct diagnostic studies, and determine if you’re a candidate for porcelain veneers. He works closely with you to create a smile design you’ll love.
- Dr. Becker will discuss your goals for your smile, including the shape, size, and color of your teeth.
- We’ll show you photos of smile makeovers Dr. Becker has designed to help you make decisions about your own smile makeover.
- We will take x-rays and impressions of your teeth, along with photographs of your teeth and smile.
- Dr. Becker will make a wax model of your smile design and show you digital images to help you visualize it. He will include your preferences to make your smile a unique expression of your personality.
- Your natural teeth will be conservatively prepared to help your porcelain veneers feel natural and fit well to avoid irritating your gums. Impressions are taken to ensure Dr. Becker’s ceramist crafts your veneers for a precise fit.
- Dr. Becker will make provisional, or temporary, veneers for you to wear and experience the look and feel of your final smile design. If you have any hesitation about it, Dr. Becker will address it before sending your case to the ceramist.
- We’ll send the impressions and photos of your teeth and face to our ceramist to make your porcelain veneers. Your smile makeover will precisely match the characteristics and color of the provisional veneers that you have worn and that Dr. Becker tweaked until you loved them.
When your porcelain veneers are ready, Dr. Becker will first use a try-in paste to attach them to your teeth. You’ll probably love them and be ready for them to be bonded on. But if you’re hesitant, Dr. Becker will make any minor adjustments you request. For more extensive adjustments, he will return them to the lab to be adjusted or completed remade.
Interested in Porcelain Veneers?
Dr. Becker understands that advanced training is required to produce lifelike results with porcelain veneers. He has received training from the Seattle Institute for Advanced Dental Education in State-of-the-Art Esthetics, and he is a member of the American Academy for Cosmetic Dentistry. You’ll receive a stunning smile makeover of the highest quality.
If you are interested in a smile transformation with porcelain veneers, call us to schedule an appointment, or submit our Request an Appointment form.