“Dentistry is a unique profession that offers the ability to change people’s lives. Patients who spent a lifetime covering their mouths, never smiling, and not feeling good about themselves can have their mouths restored. It’s amazing to be able to comfortably give them a healthy, functional, beautiful smile while improving their quality of life.”
– Dr. William Becker
Dr. Becker discovered his passion for helping people at an early age while watching his father, a U.S. Navy dentist, help his patients achieve a lifetime of good oral health. Dr. Becker’s goals are to provide optimum dental care, teach patients how to take care of their mouths, and minimize dental problems and the cost of care. He enjoys using the advances in cosmetic dentistry to provide beautiful smiles that function properly.
Born in Oak Park, IL, Dr. Becker attended the University of Illinois and earned his DDS degree from Northwestern University Dental School. After graduation, Dr. Becker decided to serve his country with the U.S. Navy. He was assigned to support the U.S. Marine Corps with training at Camp Pendleton. His active duty included serving as a dentist with the Fleet Marine Force Pacific on Okinawa.
After serving for 23 years (including time in the Naval Reserves), Dr. Becker retired as a captain from the Naval Dental Corps and began building his private practice. Soon after he began his practice, he pursued several years of advanced dental training in the following areas:
- Full-mouth rehabilitation
- Periodontal surgery
- TMJ treatment
Dr. Becker Talks about His Practice and Treatment Philosophy
“I have been fortunate to have many wonderful patients throughout the years. My patients range from 3 years old to my oldest patient who is 100 years old. She is very alert, still driving, and has all of her teeth and a very attractive smile.
“The purpose of my practice is to offer patients the best diagnosis I am capable of providing and to inform them of the reasons any problems are present. I educate patients in prevention and in correcting existing issues to improve their quality of life and well-being.
“My goal for my patients is to have healthy, attractive teeth and to help them keep their teeth throughout their lives. Seldom will teeth be removed unless they are a hindrance in treatment planning, too loose to be maintained, or are a potential threat to a patient’s dental health. The financial circumstances of the patient will not prejudice the treatment plan. We provide options that allow the patient to maintain oral health while delaying or phasing treatment as long as extensive damage will not occur.”
Education and Training
- Dr. Peter Dawson Advanced Dental Seminars
- Seattle Institute for Advanced Dental Education in State-of-the-Art Esthetics
- U.S. Dental Institute for Orthodontic Training
- Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Post-graduate training at Northwestern University Dental School in Periodontal Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Member
- Academy of Dentistry International, Fellow
- Academy of General Dentistry, Lifetime Member
- American Dental Association, Lifetime Member
- American Equilibration Society – Leaders in Occlusion, TMD, Comprehensive Oral Care, Lifetime Member
- Chicago Dental Society, Lifetime Member
- Illinois State Dental Society, Lifetime Member
- Dawson Study Club with Dr. James McKee, Member
- United States Dental Institute, Graduate and Lifetime Member
- Elected a Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International
- America’s Best Dentists 2018 Award from National Consumer Advisory Board
Dr. Becker and his wife, Dottie have five children and 14 grandchildren. He was actively involved in coaching his children in youth sports programs. Dr. Becker enjoys golf, spending time with his grandchildren, and lake fishing with his family.