Lumineers® is a brand of ultra-thin porcelain veneers made of high-strength porcelain by the Den-Mat Corporation. Many people are interested in this brand because the veneers are marketed as requiring no preparation of your natural teeth and only requiring two visits for your smile makeover to be completed. Dr. Becker is a cosmetic dentist in Hoffman Estates who is very familiar with Lumineers, but he prefers—and gets better results with—other brands of veneers.
Lumineers vs Other Brands
- Other brands are equally as thin and strong as Lumineers.
- It’s common for porcelain veneers to be placed in as few as two visits. But Dr. Becker won’t rush the process. He will ensure your smile makeover is exactly as you want it before your veneers are made and bonded to your teeth.
- Although Lumineers are advertised as requiring no preparation of your natural teeth, often preparation produces more aesthetic results. No-prep veneers can look bulky—like an add-on to your natural teeth. They can also irritate your gums.
- Cosmetic dentists commonly criticize the DenMat laboratory because Lumineers often look thick and bulky, not personalized to complement the patient’s smile.
Reasons Dr. Becker Prefers Other Brands
Lumineers don’t produce the stunning results you would expect from a smile makeover. Dr. Becker prefers other brands for several reasons:
- No-prep veneers can irritate and inflame gum tissue.
- Instead of being required to use the Lumineers laboratory, Dr. Becker can work with a ceramist at a smaller laboratory who will personalize your porcelain veneers with details that complement your smile.
- He only uses high-quality brands of veneers that mimic the translucence and color of natural teeth.
Dr. Becker has received training in cosmetic dentistry from the Seattle Institute for Advanced Dental Education and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He regularly participates in continuing education to remain current with the advanced technology and techniques required to give you a beautiful smile with porcelain veneers.
A Smile Makeover You’ll Love
Although Dr. Becker prefers other brands of porcelain veneers over Lumineers, he will ensure you’ll love your new smile. He partners with you throughout the design process and includes details for a smile makeover that compliments your facial features and personality. Visit our porcelain veneers page for more information.
Are you interested in a gorgeous smile makeover? Request an appointment online, or call us to schedule an appointment.