e.max crowns duplicate tooth color, translucency, and gloss for restorations that look completely natural. Dr. Becker of Hoffman Estates uses e.max to revive damaged teeth and enhance your smile.
What Are e.max Crowns?
e.max dental crowns are made of lithium disilicate—a highly durable glass-ceramic. They are natural-looking crowns that contain no metal.
When Are They Used?
They can be used to restore teeth in a variety of situations, including:
- Badly decayed, worn, or damaged teeth
- Chipped or cracked
- Dental bridges
- Dental implant restoration
- Discoloration or internal stains
- Malformed or misshaped
No metal – If you have metal allergies or sensitivities, these all-ceramic crowns have virtually no risk of causing a negative reaction.
Highly aesthetic – The ceramic can be manipulated to produce lifelike color, translucency, and gloss. In highly visible situations, the lithium disilicate is veneered with porcelain. People will think they are your own natural teeth.
Highly durable – Lithium disilicate is high-strength glass-ceramic that provide long-lasting restorations.
What to Expect
- Dr. Becker will meet with you to discuss your concerns about your teeth and the results you want to achieve.
- He will examine your teeth and take digital x-rays to let you know if e.max is one of your treatment options.
- Dr. Becker will develop a treatment plan and discuss it with you.
- Your damaged teeth will be prepared. Dr. Becker will remove any decay and damage from the teeth and taper each tooth so the crowns will properly fit over them.
- He will send impressions and pictures of your teeth to the lab to make your crowns.
- When your crowns are ready, he will place them over your prepared teeth to ensure they fit well and to test your bite.
- After any needed adjustments are made, Dr. Becker will cement the crowns to your teeth.
How Long Will Your e.max Crowns Last?
How long they last depends a lot on how well you take care of them. The e.max material won’t wear out or stain, so they have the potential to last indefinitely. With good care, expect a lifespan of at least ten to twenty years.
- Daily brush and floss between your crowns.
- Avoid biting hard or sharp objects, or using your teeth to open packages or containers.
- Keep your regularly scheduled appointments for dental cleanings and exams.
- If you grind or clench your teeth, Dr. Becker can provide a customized mouth guard to protect your crowns from damage.
Dr. Becker received advanced training in cosmetic dentistry from the Seattle Institute for Advanced Dental Education. He regularly participates in continuing education to remain current with the advanced techniques and tools required to give you a beautiful smile.
If you’re interested in e.max crowns, call us to request an appointment or complete our Request an Appointment form.